Sunday, January 19, 2014

Templation

It's January - and we're about to enter another round of deep-freeze weather - but for me it's time to think about Spring imagery. 
Like this little applique pattern from a magazine a few seasons ago.



I cut the paper pattern from the magazine then  traced it onto plastic sheet bought at a dollar store to make a sturdy reusable template. Careful scissorhands are needed to cut a smooth outline.
I sometimes also make templates using relatively firm interfacing, which is much easier to cut smoothly.

Once I actually make something with this template, I'll show ya!
:)
I'm spending much of my time doing digital graphic design for my society6 storefront but haven't forgot about needles and threads and fabric. Will need to get "tangible" again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment